I thought I'd be through with sewing for a while, but no, inspiration struck me square in the head and I've been working on creating a costume of a character from my novel in progress. Well, not really a character in particular, but one of a race in the world. I should post progress pics eventually but the costume called my improv skills to the plate. I don't normally deviate from patterns so drastically as I am now (I also made one up to create one of their tails.
Ok ok, I'll post progress shots.
First, a shot of my idiot machine, Beelzebub....yes I named it that for a reason.
Top of spear for Moribito cosplay
the butt of the spear.
Balsa's dress!
Shot of the tail.
The whole thing in all its glory
Dear lord, this skirt. I don't ever want to talk about it. It doesn't really look that much like a pumpkin in real life.
DEAR GOD THE RUFFLE.
So that's what I've been doing, will put up more later.
8.29.2009
Moar Sewing, Whut?
Tags:
character art,
costume,
sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment