Took a second trip to Cologne yesterday. This time, the weather turned out much nicer. We even had the pleasure of sunshine in the afternoon, making for a wonderful day to travel the town.
Most importantly, because of the nicer lighting, I finally found appreciation for the cathedral.
It took some adjusting on my camera, but I got some nice shots of the stained glass. All the glass in this cathedral is over varying ages. One window is almost as old as the Cathedral itself (about 600 years).
We got a rooftop tour of the building. The guide asked us nicely not to publish photographs to the web, so I will respect her wishes. We took an elevator to the level of the roof above the nave. I rode up on the edge of panic shoved into that rickety elevator, I don't like feeling the ground shake beneath me. The view was worth the fear, it was simply breathtaking. Then we went down the spiral staircase that had me wanting to kiss the solid, stair free ground.
Tomorrow we go to the Haribo factory and store. yay Gummi Bears!! Sunday we go to a Soccer game in Düsseldorf and beyond that is Karnival weekend. Will post more pictures as they come.
2.04.2010
Köln Cathedral Revisited (Day 15)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ooooooh! Awesome! Thanks for the pictures! Definitely appreciate it, esp after medieval cathedrals class.
ReplyDelete