There is something oddly poetic about the subway. The constant stream of comings and goings, the variety of passengers, the roar of wheels on rails. And then there is the intermediary, the time of waiting. Sometimes the wait is longer than expected and I observe the movements of the people, study their faces. These observations are fleeting and I forget them just as soon as I see them. The only similarity the rhythm of movement, the hurried glances, the clicking of boots against the concrete, the brutal hiss of opening doors. Each day is a new journey, new faces, new trains. Still, the rhythm, the city rhythm is constant.
Catie and I spent today wandering the banks of the Rhine to seek out a possible site for our next project. We need a place for 'Fred' to interact with. Fred is an amphibious alien life form from a distant moon. He likes Earth and enjoys exploration, Hellboy comics and twinkies. Since he is a young amphibian, he hasn't gotten his legs yet and needs to travel in a hovercraft when outside his spaceship. (concept to come)
I'm getting irritated with my camera. I don't know where that line comes from, but I want it to go away. I do not wish to be familiar with the stamp tool in photoshop on the hundreds of pictures I'm taking.
Found a great spot on the eastern bank. It has a lot of texture that I really enjoy. There's a lot of moss on this side and I took the opportunity to study the scale of the moss world. I'm getting that lovely depth of field that Slinkachu gets in his photos. While taking pictures at this location, a guy came up to us asking why we were taking pictures. It surprised him to find out we were students from Texas shooting for a class project. "What? I've never seen Americans just going for a walk on the Rhine!" he said something to the effect of this. We chatted a while before moving on.
Another location choice was in a fountain around the main Bonn area. BUT none of the fountains are operating so we're going to stick to looking around the Rhine.
More images:
Our site from a distence:
And the two guys are still there:
And also, I love street musicians.
3.03.2010
Photostory and Project #3 Site Search
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment