2.26.2010

Costume Building + Random

So Europe is more keen on my interests as far as clothing is concerned. I was determined to find some boots for Steampunk costuming. And I found them!



Just a pair of simple lace-up ankle boots with interesting stitchery. These kinds of boots are in style at the moment and I really like them. The toe also has an interesting shape and he heel isn't too high or narrow. Best part: got them at Deichman's for 30 Euro (which, sadly, is a lot cheaper than most other stores, best bargain I could get)

There is also the little beauty I've added to my costume repertoire:


Its a toy gun of course, but the design just screams Steampunk, I especially love the cool shaping at the end of the barrel. (shh...it's actually a cap gun, but those are mostly harmless)


On Wednesday (Mittwoch), we went to Frankfurt as a class. The trip didn't get interesting until later in the day when we visited Keen games, a small game developer in Frankfurt responsible for this monstrosity. They were actually pretty interesting and we were invited to test one of their games in the works.

However the highlights of the day were the Lego store and the wine tasting for dinner.

I made Lego people OMG:

Attempt at Lego Kael:


Lego Wench Trisha:


GAAAAH


The wine tasting was at the oldest wine association in Germany. I have never had such good wine in my life! The best Riesling I've ever had and now everything else will suck in comparison. We tried five wines and to my surprise my classmates got more tipsy than me. Wow, thought I couldn't hold my alcohol. Correction: they drink beer. Wine and Beer are two different animals altogether. I prefer wine myself, thank you very much.

Up next: Day In the Life of a Study Abroad Student in Bonn and we go to Düsseldorf again in two weeks and then PARIS AND ROME for spring break.

1 comment:

  1. I have often wished that classes in the US could be as interesting and educational as your adventures.
    Hope to hear more.

    ReplyDelete